Top Money-Saving Tips for Your Car
Having a vehicle is expensive. You have to worry about gas, insurance, maintenance, repairs, and all the other costs associated with owning a car. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of some of our favorite tips to help save you money on your car:
- Keep your vehicle well maintained: Keep your vehicle well maintained year-round. You need to take it in for regular tune-ups, oil changes, and yearly maintenance. Not only will this keep your vehicle performing at its best, but it will also help prevent costly repairs and issues later.
- Start with quality parts: While it seems counterintuitive to spend a little more upfront, starting with quality parts is always the way to go. You may need to spend a little more on better parts, but they will last much longer and perform more reliably over time, so you won’t have to replace them as often. In the end, you’ll save money with OEM or mechanic-recommended parts.
- Keep your tires in good shape: Make sure your tires are properly inflated, which helps them perform better, require less fuel, and reduces the chances of a blowout. Check for uneven wearing as this can cause your engine to work harder and waste more gas.
- Keep your fluids topped off: Check the engine oil, transmission fluid, coolant, brake fluid, clutch fluid, windshield washer fluid, differential fluid, power steering fluid, and battery electrolyte to make sure they don’t need to be refilled. These fluids are often checked in a professional oil change anyways, so don’t feel obligated to do this yourself if you’re not a DIYer.
- Drive better: Try to avoid abrupt stops, swerving, riding the brakes, and idling your car. All of these things are potentially dangerous and will cost you more money in the end.
- Find an honest mechanic: Make sure you have an auto repair shop or mechanic that you know you can trust with any type of maintenance or repair needs, no matter the size. If it is a new shop, try working with them on something small first (such as an oil change). Ask around or check online for recommendations on a trustworthy professional near you. This can save you a lot on services in the future and can give you peace of mind that they are getting the job done right.
- Save on gas costs: Read our post on how to save money on gas to save everytime you fill up at the pump.
Sell Your Old Jalopy
If you have an old, unwanted vehicle taking up space in your driveway, garage, or parking lot, then you may be just wasting money on it. If you are still paying insurance or any other costs on the vehicle, then more money is being wasted over time. Call Messy Motors at 888-309-1049 and we will take the old vehicle off your hands in no time. We will pay you fast cash on the spot for further savings, or to put towards the cost of a new car.