Top Causes of Car Breakdowns
Car breakdowns happen to the best of us. We’ve all laughed at them in films (who could resist the Griswolds’ hilarious antics?), sadly shaken our head as we drive by a stalled car on the freeway, and maybe even had a scare when the engine wouldn’t start up right away.
But nobody knows just how bad a car breakdown is until they are right in the middle of it, right when they least expect it. The last thing you want is to be stranded on the side of the road with no idea of what to do or who to call. That is why we have offered some information on the top causes of car breakdowns – in hopes that it will help you become more aware of common problems and act fast, before a breakdown.
Top Causes of Breakdowns
- Flat or faulty battery: This happens more often during winter due to the lower temperatures. Batteries should be replaced about every three to five years anyways, so make sure your battery is new, reliable, and fully charged.
- Alternator or starter motor failure: If your car doesn’t start correctly or you notice a red ignition warning light, it’s likely an alternator failure.
- Tire and wheel problems: Keep a spare tire and tire changing kit in the trunk in case of a tire blow out, puncture, or damage.
- Lost keys: If you commonly lose your keys or lock them in your car, you may want to keep a spare on you or in a small box hidden on your car’s undercarriage.
- Running out of fuel: Keep your eye on the fuel indicator and make sure to fill up your tank with the correct fuel to minimize this problem.
- Issues with the clutch cables or spark plugs: These issues can be detected during regular tune-ups, so make sure to keep current on your car’s routine maintenance plan.
Read our top tips for what to do when your car breaks down so that you are better prepared for life’s unexpected events. You may also want to invest in a AAA membership or find another reliable roadside assistance provider who can help with any future breakdowns and roadside issues. Keep a car breakdown kit in the trunk, or read our list of top items to keep in your car, so that you are never stranded without supplies again.
If breakdowns are a common occurrence in your home, you don’t have to deal with it anymore. Messy Motors will travel to your location at a time most convenient for you, tow the vehicle away, and hand you cash on the spot for your unreliable old jalopy. So you can stop worrying about frequent car breakdowns and start enjoying fast cash. Contact us at 888-309-1049 for a free offer on your unwanted vehicle!