Top Items to Keep in Your Car
We’ve all been caught in situations where we wish we would have brought something with us. Whether it’s a bottle of water, an extra jacket, or something we left on the dining room table, we can all be forgetful from time to time. We’ve compiled a list of some of the top items you should always have on-hand in your car or trunk to help reduce those frustrating moments.
In the Trunk
Accidents, dead batteries, flat tires, and other common roadside problems happen to the best of us. Keep the following items in your trunk so that you are better prepared for an accident, change in the weather, or other unexpected event. Where you live, what you do, and your lifestyle will also determine what is best suited for your trunk, but the following list is a good place to start.
- Jumpstart kit
- First aid kit
- Emergency toolkit, including things like different sizes of regular and Phillips-head screwdrivers, pliers, and duct tape
- Spare tire and tire changing tools, such as a tire jack, tire iron, triangle folding reflector, and flares
- Tire pressure gauge
- Winter tires and/or chains
- Booster (jumper) cables
- Folding shovel
- Ice scraper
- Battery-operated radio
- Water bottles
- Dry foods that won’t expire for awhile, like MREs, granola, or energy or protein bars
- Warm blanket
- Hooded jacket, hat, scarf, gloves, and other cold weather items
- Change of clothes
- Reusable shopping bags
In the Glove Box
When you need to reach for something quickly, you’ll want it in your glove box so that you don’t have to pull over for it. This is a personal preference, depending on what you need when you drive (or when you want to quickly spruce yourself up), but we’ve compiled some of our favorite glove box must-haves below.
- Vehicle registration and insurance information
- GPS and maps
- Car manual, AAA card, and car repair information
- Pencil and paper
- Spare change for tolls
- Car phone charger
- Microfiber wipe
- Swiss army knife
- Hand sanitizer
- Baby wipes
- Multi-purpose cleaning wipes
- Napkins and/or tissues
- Zip-top bags in different sizes
- Personal wellness items, such as feminine protection, chapstick, gum, mints, disposable toothbrushes, and lotion
You can also purchase complete emergency kits and first aid kits for your car, which will have everything you need in one place. This is often the best option as there are so many different kits, in different price ranges and product combinations, to best suit your needs.
If you find that you are reaching for the emergency kit from the trunk more often than you’d like, then it may be time to say goodbye to the old jalopy. If you are tired of your car breaking down, we can take it off of your hands and give you cash on the spot, so you can start enjoying a new car right away. Are you interested in turning your junk car into cash? Contact Messy Motors at 888-309-1049 today!