Top Eco-Friendly Cars
You can help further our environment, create less air pollution, and even save money by trading in your gas-guzzler for an eco-friendly car. If you’re in the market for a new eco-friendly car, make sure to find one that is also fuel-efficient. If you want to go green with your driving, but aren’t ready to purchase a new car yet, then take a look at our eco-friendly driving tips.
There are a range of affordable green cars that have been recognized for their eco-friendly options, so we’ve compiled just a few of our favorites below:
- Toyota Prius: This is one of the best hybrids under $30,000 (with the Prius c costing near $20,000) and is recognized by most “best green car” lists. It has been the bestselling hybrid since arriving in the U.S. in 2001. With a roomy interior, great fuel economy, and a smooth ride, both car review companies and drivers are singing its’ praises.
- Honda Accord Hybrid: Won the fourth annual Green Car Reports’ “Best Car To Buy Award” in 2014. Fuel economy ranges from 40 mpg – 52 mpg. The mid-size sedan offers a superior driving experience and is now quieter, more comfortable, and newly redesigned.
- Honda Civic: The Honda Civic is now available in traditional gas power, and natural gas and hybrid options. The Civic Natural Gas option is affordable and uses domestically sourced, clean-burning fuel, and receives about 31 mpg. The hybrid version receives about 45 mpg.
- Honda Insight: The Honda Insight was one of the first to start the hybrid revolution and still does it better than most. It offers a smooth ride, great fuel economy, more features, and refined powertrains.
- Nissan Leaf: The world’s best-selling electric car was voted by Car.com as the “Best New Car for Green Drivers” and the runner-up for the best green car award by Kelley Blue Book. This affordable vehicle has the option to recharge twice as quickly, offers superior drivability, no tailpipe emissions, low fuel cost, tax incentives, and even remote charge control. It also offers an estimated 84 miles between recharges.
- Chevrolet Volt: The electric/gas Chevrolet Volt has received a number of impressive award and is so popular that it represents about 35% of the dealership’s year-to-year sales. It offers superior ride quality, high gas mileage, and allows you to switch seamlessly between pure electricity and gasoline driving.
- BMW i3: This all-new, all-eclectic car won the top spot for green cars by Kelley Blue Book. It can hit 60 mph in just over six seconds and is even built in an eco-friendly manner at a wind-powered plant.
- Smart Fortwo Electric: This electric- and gas-powered car earned the highest ACEEE score ever. It offers great fuel efficiency, a very low test weight, and its exceptionally small size also makes it easier to drive, park, and manage.
Older vehicles tend to emit more emissions and are just worse for the environment in general. Contact Messy Motors at 888-309-1049 if you have a junk or old, unwanted vehicle on your hands.